Okay. Just so I don’t start writing this and getting down on myself let me just get the basic facts out there. I lost .7 pounds since last week. And honestly my eating was good, my training was good. I am doing all the right things. If you look to the left you’ll see that I am 15.5 lbs. from my weight loss goal for 2014. I think a lot of my success has been accountability. I do realize that in the end I am only accountable to myself and no one else.. but creating this blog.. my twitter... sharing it with only a select few and anyone else who happen to be a creeper and just find it…. That has helped and made a difference. I will share this with everyone when I hit 100 pounds. That has always been the goal. To motivate – To inspire. But to do that. I had to do something first. I’ve fallen flat on my face plenty of times before so I didn’t want to set myself up for a failure either. So did I hope to have taken at least 2 pounds off this past week. YES! Am I bummed that I didn’t? YES! Is that going to stop me? HELL NO! I have a freaking awesome New Years Eve outfit in the closet. I have to rock the shit out of this. I have never wanted anything so bad in my life. So you best believe that I am going to do this for me, my family and the haters can keep hating. I already know that I am special. But having haters 🙂 Love that.
So let’s talk a little bit about my workouts. I have been doing something every day. I don’t think I do anything all that crazy so if I don’t get a complete rest day I don’t really go crazy. I didn’t take a rest day this week and went to boot camp 6 days and trained with my trainer on the 7th. You might remember that I joke that she’s a girl. Well she is. And she really challenges me during our hour together. I wish I didn’t have so much money tied into all my fitness stuff because I would do it twice a week for sure. It’s pushing me to try things that I am afraid of in boot camp. I will list them in a few minutes But see those boxes to the right? Well don’t look at the big one cause that shits crazy. But look at the 16 inch one. I finally after almost 7 months at boot camp, did the step up. That is a big deal to me.
So a weight loss motivator friend of mine, Charlie who runs the ManEater Me Bloglikes to talk about Non Scale Victories. So you probably have noticed me writing about them more and more. So here are a bunch more for this week.
- Today marked 300 days in a row hitting my Nike Fuel fitness goal. It’s set at the average level for men my age. Some days I crush it completely and some days I just get over it but either way for over 300 days I’ve beaten it. Definitely faster and stronger than I was 300 days ago.
- Did you read the above? I freaking did steps ups on the 16 inch box. I mean come on already.
- I also did Jumping Jacks with my legs banded. Decent assisted push ups and get read for this. I PLANKED! Yup. You read that right. I planked. 30 seconds at a time but I have done it and have been doing them in boot camp since Tuesday.
- I think I am almost in an XL shirt. They fit. They feel a little short at the stomach but they fit. I was in a 4xl in January.
- Wearing 2xl underwear comfortable with the boys all nestled nicely.
- Legs and feet don’t hurt much anymore either.
So that’s what I can remember for this week. I’ll try and keep better track of it over the next few days.
I might try and knock this out of the park with a cleanse. It worked well for me in May and seeing as the Advocare girl wants me to sell it or at least offer it to my clients, I figured I should do a round of it to see if it works and I like it. Who knows. I don’t want to talk about something or distribute something if I don’t believe in it. Not to mention I’d most likely end up like my friend Superman Bill Showell and just let all my friends get it at my cost so everyone can afford to be healthy together.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
P.S. I still whip my hair back and forth.