Well we’ve come to the final blog of 2018. I am not really sure how to wrap this up for you but let’s just get right to it this morning. I hit my final goal a few days ago. I lost 70lbs this year. That’s 150 total pounds in the 5 years that I have been trying to pull my shit together.
In the last 5 years I have gone down 24 inches in pants sizes I went from a 5XL shirt to a Large. My sweat pants went from a 5XL to a XL. I still like those a little loose and longer cause shit I am tall. I have been here for 5 years. I was going to just go away but I don’t think my journey has ended and I feel like I need to be open to helping others more.
I did it. I wanted to set a realistic goal at the beginning of this 5th year. I wanted to make sure I got back under the original 100 that I had hit and then lost to depression, injury and lack of self control. Not only did I take control but I ended up beating my goal by 20 pounds. I am still pretty speechless.
I hit all my goals for 2018 except two.
- Travel to 2 places that I have never been to. – Just couldn’t swing it with the wedding.
- get stronger, lean my body out and lose 50lbs in 2018 – YUP
- find a job that makes me happy – YUP
- look and FEEL the best that I can at Brandon (my son’s) wedding a year from yesterday! FUCK YEAH!
- Get back in the helicopter and soar about Wildwood – Nope. I hit the weight limit just fine… just never happened
So where am I going to go in 2019. I thought about it long and hard and I laid it out a little bit different this year.
Things to schedule for myself EACH month:
1 Lunch date with a friend
Blocking out social media free time
1 day outdoors
1 night out with friends
1 date night
1 breakfast meetup with friends
1 date/dinner/activity with all the kids
1 movie night
1 day to myself
1 day helping others
My Vision board for 2019
Eat Cleaner Keto
– Eat less Dairy
– Eat less processed food
– better focus on my fasts and timing, making sure I fast the full 16 hours
– get my water in before anything else
– limit caffeine intake
– eat more and use less of a deficit to re-establish a good metabolism
– Change up my routines every month
– Get 2 hours of cardio done in a week
– Try to get to kickboxing 2x a month
– More group cardio
– Start logging miles on the bike come spring
– Use my rest days wisely
Create Mindfulness for myself
– write for 1/2 hour a day
– photograph something or someone every week
– read for at least 1/2 hour a day -(a book in hand and not online)
– unplug from 9-10 every night and just be active and attentive (and if she makes me rub that dumb kink in her back)
– take 10 minutes every morning before I just out of bed to just mediate, think and focus
– Be nice, even to assholes
– back off of the Amazon Prime/ save more money
– Create more and try to learn more about things that interest me
– Become a better asset at my IT job. Learn more. Focus better.
– Travel and make time to be in the moment.
– Play more guitar.
– Just SING
– Move as much as possible on stage and not care what people think or say.
– Weekly weigh ins
– weekly measurements
– Refocus goals if need be
– keep fighting Aetna for my skin removal surgery.
Love myself enough to not give up on myself. These things are not a punishment. These make me better inside and out.
That might seem like its overwhelming but in reality it isn’t. Much of it is common sense. The one thing you don’t see on there is a weight goal in pounds. I am going to stop chasing a goal weight this year and just take it 5 pounds at a time. I think I look okay. I feel fantastic. I think my mission to get to a good place before the kids wedding has been accomplished.
On another note, alot of people have asked me about Keto so I pulled some information together and you can find the link on this page at the top or bottom. That should help you get started. I am always here to help as well.
Note to self. When I eat crap. I feel like crap
I hope you had a great xmas. mine was shared with the people who love me and that’s all I can ask for.
There is no power in the clock at midnight on NYE. If your heart is wrong at 11:59 it’ll be wrong at 12:01. Only you can control the future.
Happy New Year! Thank you for being here.
P.S. I’d love to hear some of your visions and goals for the upcoming trip around the son. Feel free to comment. If you don’t want it public, you can just tell me and I’ll answer you privately and not approve it for a post.
So happy for you !! What an uplifting and positive blog. You and Amber look amazing. Wishing you both a healthy happy 2019. Stay strong and stay the course
Much love to you and Tom – still waiting for our lunch time. I have never seen someone retired so busy.
Tami Branden says
I love your goals about making time for your friends and family. So important, i am going to try to follow that also.
You both look amazing and happy
You get so wrapped up in what you want to accomplish that you forget to reflect and enjoy some of it