Well it’s been a few weeks since I’ve given you a sound track to listen to while you read so here it is. A Butch Walker produced, Frank Turner track. I love it. I hope you’ll like it too. The video is pretty cool too. Click play and read on.
I might as well tell you that I am down 1.5 lbs this week. 297.6 to be exact. While in our heads it’s never enough weight lost. It’s a loss and I’ll take it.
I’d like to tell you that I’ll do this or I’ll do that, but the truth is that I am fading a little bit. I’d like to tell you that things get easy but they don’t really. It gets harder and harder to stay the course. I’m getting bored with food choices and convincing myself that it’s just fuel to fire the engine gets even more difficult. My schedule is totally off whack this week and I have only gotten to 1 boot camp that I didn’t finish because my back hurt. I have gone to training all this week and doing my best with that. Zero OTF’s too. So I am not myself to say the least. Maybe it’s the end of the summer doldrums and depression. I dunno. I am short and testy and I pretty much hate everyone and everything. I don’t want to feel or be like this.
But it is what it is. Or as I said a long time ago it’s whatever. Something will either give or something will come to blows.
I have done a few things for me that kick in next week, I have a doctors appointment for a check up with my family doctor and then a dermatologist on Tuesday cause there is a mole of some sort on my back that needs to go. I also made an appointment with a plastic surgeon to just test the waters about a thigh lift but that won’t be till late September. I am not sold on it but I’d at least like to go to the consult. I’m not sure how I’d make the recovery fit my schedule and still be able to pay the bills.
I spent Friday afternoon – Tuesday morning at the shore this past week. Lots and lots of walking and I actually rested a lot. It was good for me. The only bad thing is that we ate out a lot although the scale seemed to be okay with that. It’s hard as hell at the shore.
I had asked for help with my goals last week. Not one person responded. I guess last weeks blog wasn’t that well read. This will be the 105th post since I started this. I guess it’s a constant. Part of me wanted to skip these next few weeks and then recommit to myself after Labor Day but that just wouldn’t be me I guess.
So I thought about goals on my way to the shore last week a lot. This is what I came up with for the remainder of 2015.
- Get to 275 pounds by January 6, 2016 – That would be a total of 136lbs lost in 2 year. Not too shabby. I wanted to make it to 260 but I think 40lbs in 4 months is going to be very hard including 2 major holidays
- I would like to take a real vacation. Even for an extended weekend to either Universal to see the Harry Potter stuff or somewhere with blue water and amazing sunsets.
- Optimize my three gym memberships to work better for me. What do I want to get out of them? And push myself that much harder at all three. I need to listen to my body more. If one of the gyms isn’t working in the plan to not be afraid to cut them loose.
- Cleaner eating, less alcohol, less sugar – This is always the hardest but it also has the most reward.
- Focus on not eating after 7pm – Learn more about what to eat and when to eat it in the day.
- Be more consistent with my supplements and protein.
- Find my dream job.
- Try my best to be nicer and not snap at the people closest to me.
I guess that’s enough to bite off for the last 4 months of the year.
I am sorry that I can’t be happier today. It’s been a long day but I promise to push through it and that things will get better.
Thank you for ready. Let’s get on them goals.