Some Random Things that I am Thankful for….
- My family who bears the brunt of my frustrations. No matter what is going on with them ends up hearing about me more. I am horrible. I know that. I set out to commiserate but usually end up making it about me. They are always there no matter what and it’s appreciated.
- My gym family. They are motivating. Loving. Always there to pick you up with you fall down. This goes for everyone at Orange Theory and Dan Campos. I am really enjoying pushing myself at the iDominate classes and my body seems to be bouncing back to where it was when I was training with that trainer in Huntingdon Valley. No extra fees, all part of my monthly unlimited program. But the staff at both places is just simply awesome. Always there to push, pick up, motivate and be there.
- I am so thankful to everyone on #teamfranco – I am gonna hashtag #teamfranco215 from now on so it’s not to be confused with the little Asian Franco on their Big Brother show. Check out the hashtag on IG to see what I am talking about. It’s more than a t-shirt. You guys are motivating, ass kickers and some people I don’t even know personally. They just found my story somewhere and relate. But I always thought it would be cool to do the Broad Street run and woke up that morning to a photo of my friend Nina rocking a Team Franco shirt at the finish line. She later took the new tank to the pyramids and ruins on her vacation in Punta Cana. I LOVE ROCKY. I LOVE ALL THINGS ROCKY! I meant come on, I’m that “I’m from Philly Proud” guy. My OTF Dagmar wore hers during the Rocky Run a few weeks ago. My friends and team take me places that I can’t go and only dream of someday. The best feeling is getting a message from a friend that says – Hey I just did the AC triathlon and I swear I saw someone wearing a Team Franco shirt. Amazing. I am so overwhelmed and grateful and these are just two or three examples. A big thanks to Mandy Palo who started it all with a silly hashtag. I wish I had the money to buy everyone shirts.
- All the awesome people that stop me, compliment me, encourage me. I might not act overly gracious sometimes because it’s very hard for me to accept a compliment. And it often catches me by surprise, but it does mean a lot to me. Getting stopped in the Walmart at Philadelphia Mills by a UPS guy who used to see me walk the mall to tell me I looked awesome and to keep up the good work… Dudes don’t usually notice or care about that kinda stuff. This older, Black UPS driver will never know he picked me out of a bad funk. Thank you.
- I’m thankful to be alive. Healthy. Happy.
These are just a few things but I wanted to get a few things out there. So let’s talk about what’s been going on here at the ranch.
Thanksgiving did me dirty. I weighed in on Monday at 314.5lbs. The highest that I’ve been in a long time. I didn’t panic. I didn’t freak out. I knew I went a little over the top over Thanksgiving and band vacation. So I reeled it in. Made sure I got my water pills down. I made sure I got my gallon of water a day in. And I recommitted to getting my macros dialed in. I hit as many workouts as I could. I hit my macros almost perfectly for 3/4 days so far and I took off 7.8 pounds and landed at 306.7 this morning. I’ll take it. And I’ll do what I haven’t done in a long time and stick to it all weekend and onward. I will not give up.
There is a goal board at Dan Campos and I finally wrote a goal on Monday. I took a pink marker and wrote.. “Operation 30”. That would put me at 285 from the 315 I basically was the other day and at a total 126lbs lost since I started this journey. So #operation30 is alive and kicking. 7.8 down already and plenty more to go. I don’t think I’ll get there by January 6th but you never know. I’ll just keep working hard and let my body do what it’s going to do.
I went to see a plastic surgeon at the end of September to see if I could get all the painful skin removed on my legs and Aetna denied me. So I will just keep working hard. I’ll have to take care of it someday. But for now it just wasn’t meant to be.
Well I have a show tonight and have to get things together.
Thank you for reading. You are loved.